Field work sessions are scheduled once a month, weather depending, from 9 – 11am. Location of each work session will be determined by the work session leader. Details are announced on the Tree Steward Facebook Group and sent to members by email.
Additional work sessions are sometimes planned based on a specific need.
If you would like to participate or observe, please contact email@example.com
Examples of just some of the work session locations and projects …
- Annually maintain the Happy Creek Arboretum on Commerce St., planting and pruning trees and shrubs, removing invasives, mulching and upkeep of the Pollinator Garden.
- Virginia Avenue project trees purchased by the Beautification Committee of Front Royal – annual maintenance to limb-up branches to standard heights of 8′ for pedestrians on sidewalks and 13′ for traffic in the road.
- Plan and prepare location for the annual planting of the Arbor Day tree in coordination with the Town of Front Royal Horticulturist and UFAC, the Urban Forestry Advisory Commission
- On city streets, pruning as needed.
- Tree plantings and ID tagging in county parks and along the Royal Shenandoah Greenway.