“There are two great times to plant trees: The first was 20 years ago – the other is now.”
You’d like to plant a tree. Now what? Here are some things you should consider
- Site Selection – What are the soil conditions? How much light will the site receive? Are there utilities or buildings to consider?
- Tree selection – Are you looking for color, height, shade? Does the tree prefer wet roots or dry?
- Tree quality – Does the tree look healthy? Good leaf color? Any branch or root damage?
- Transportation – How will you get the tree home?
- Planting – How deep and wide should you dig the hole? What to do with the grass? In a container or a burlap ball?
- Staking – To stake or not to stake?
You’ll find a wealth of information about Planting a Tree at these websites.
Here is a step-by-step video from Tree People