All About Trees Class 2020 - REGISTER SOON!
EXCITING NEWS! Watch THIS VIDEO to find out about the ALL ABOUT TREES CLASS! On August 8, 2019, Beth Waller interviewed several Front Royal / Warren County Tree Stewards during a work session. Beth Waller interviews for the "What Matters" feature of the Royal Examiner.
Our All About Trees class is scheduled for Fall 2020. Due to Covid-19 all safety precautions will be in place for the protection of participants and instructors.
You can help stop the Spotted Lanternfly!
A potentially very serious pest of grapes, peaches, hops, and a variety of other crops, the spotted lanternfly (SLF), Lycorma delicatula, was detected in Frederick County, Virginia, on Jan. 10, 2018. It is important to look for it and report any finds. The Spotted Lanternfly has also been reported on a range of ornamentals around the home and in the landscape.
If you think you have found one, be sure to report it
1) If you have a specimen, you can take a specimen to your local Virginia Cooperative Extension office. Warren County VT Extension Office
2) Do you have a picture? If you only have a picture or would rather submit a picture, (be sure to include a street address of insect location) Please use this form to send your location and pic: https://ask.extension.org/groups/1981/ask
We love Trees!
Trees shelter us, feed us, clean our air and provide shade. They are a source of recreation and inspiration. The numerous shapes of trees, leaves and seeds amaze us. The immense height or girth can boggle the mind. Colors of leaves in the fall are the creative juice for artists, photographers and poets. They are beautiful and they improve the quality of our lives.
Do you have a tree question? If so, you have come to the right place.
- Are you trying to find the right tree to plant in a special location?
- Want to know the proper way to prune your trees?
- Does your tree have a problem or disease? Invasive vines?
- Mulching is important but how wide and how deep?
- When to water and how much?
- And...should I top my tree? (Definitely not.)
Congratulations! Front Royal Warren County Tree Stewards Celebrate 20th Anniversary with a 20-Tree Planting
You have found our website and we hope that you will also find the answer to some of your questions. There are sections on tree care, threats to trees and the benefits of trees. If you need more, we encourage you to take the "All About Trees" class that is offered every Fall or contact us and a Tree Steward will do their best to answer your questions.
Ready for a walk? Check out the Happy Creek Arboretum which is right off Main Street to find and identify over 30 trees at various stages of maturity. The Arboretum is also part of a larger loop called the Royal Shenandoah Greenway, sections of which are already completed, including a path along the Shenandoah River through Eastham Park. Maybe you will catch a glimpse of Stewart!
If you live here in the Shenandoah, trees are part of our daily life and we encourage you to learn more, to protect them, and to get out and enjoy. If you don't live here then come and visit, you will be awestruck by the Shenandoah Valley and the Blue Ridge Mountains. We guarantee you will love our trees too!
Front Royal/Warren County
Tree Stewards and Stewart