WHY HIRE AN ARBORIST?
- When you need medical attention, you hire a Licensed PHYSICIAN.
- When you need legal assistance, you hire a Certified LAWYER.
- When you fly your children to Disney World, you hire a Licensed AIRLINE PILOT.
- When you have your fancy automobile worked on, you hire a Certified AUTO MECHANIC.
When you have work done on beautiful trees on your property, why would you NOT hire a knowledgeable, experienced, qualified TREE EXPERT?
FINDING A QUALIFIED TREE PROFESSIONAL
The International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) certifies only people who have proven that their training, knowledge, and experience with trees qualifies them to be ISA CERTIFIED ARBORISTS
Certified arborists know that no more than 20 to 25% of leaf mass (or potential leaf mass if the leaves have fallen) should be removed from a tree in any ONE YEAR. They know that unhealthy and unsafe growth will occur if those percentages are exceeded.
As a consumer, there are several questions to ask the person you are considering hiring to do work on your trees and
their answers must meet YOUR STANDARDS.
- Do you recomment "topping trees? If they answer YES, just say “thank you, I will not be needing your services”
- Are you an ISA Certfied Arborist? If the answer is NO, again say “thank you, I will not be needing your services”.
- Do you have liability insurance? If the answer is NO, say “thank you, I will not be needing your services”.
Once you have gotten the answers you want,
ask to see current ISA Certified Arborist documentation and proof of current Liability Insurance in force.
Take a moment to search www.treesaregood.com/treecare/hire_arborist.aspx
web sites for current listing of that person as an ‘ISA Certified Arborist’. If they are not listed, their membership has been terminated for some reason which should cause you to again say “Thank you, I will not be needing your services”
DECIDING ON WHAT TREE WORK TO HAVE DONE
Once you are satisfied with the credentials
of the arborist, then discuss the work you want done.
Ask for his/her advice on what work they would recommend that you need done. Once you agree on the scope of work to be done, get a written estimate
1. The specific work to be done, including removal and disposal of trimmings. 2. The cost of the work to be done.
Healthy mature trees are known to increase property values because of the appeal which they foster. Besides providing a beautiful setting for your home, trees are a very wise investment!
Related information link: www.treesaregood.com
: An ISA web site containing excellent articles about tree care, pruning, mulching, why hire an arborist, and other information.
ALWAYS REMEMBER, YOU ARE THE CUSTOMER!
YOU DECIDE WHAT GETS DONE TO YOUR TREES.
Authorize no more than you want done. Pay no more than you are willing to pay.